When cold weather arrives, mice don’t have the luxury of heading south for the winter. They seek the nearest warm shelter, which may end up being your home. Our Manasquan exterminator professionals share the telltale signs of a mouse infestation.
Unwanted Winter Houseguests
Standard security features such as locked doors and windows are no match for mice. Thanks to their tiny size, mice can gain entrance to your home through the smallest openings in basements and crawl spaces, walls and attics.
Once mice are inside, don’t count on them being readily detected. There’s a reason the phrase, “quiet as a mouse” has become such a cliche. Add to that the fact that mice are nocturnal, and odds are good they’ll settle in unnoticed.
While you may never actually spot a mouse, they do leave some visible signs of their presence, including:
- Urine and droppings
- Gnawed ducts and damaged insulation
- Nests made from paper or other random debris
Tips to Prevent a Mice Infestation
- Carefully inspect your home’s exterior and repair any crevices larger than one-quarter of an inch.
- Make sure doors and windows are tightly sealed.
- Store firewood and other materials away from the house.
- Keep food, including pet food, in airtight containers.
- Promptly wipe down all kitchen and dining room surfaces.
- Schedule a free inspection by our Manasquan exterminator experts.
Providing Top Manasquan Exterminator Services Since 1917