How to Prevent Pest Infestations
- Keeping your restaurant clean is the biggest factor in deterring pests. Accessible food, even in the form of crumbs on the floor, draws insects and rodents like a magnet. Sweep floors and wipe down counters on a regular basis. Store ingredients and leftovers in tightly sealed containers.
- Follow the first-in-first-out rule (FIFO) of using food to minimize spoilage.
- Insects and rodents don’t need much room to slip inside. Examine the building exterior carefully for cracks and crevices, then seal them off. Check doors and windows for gaps that provide easy entrance.
- Placing garbage outside is only part of the answer. Don’t ignore sanitary practices just because it’s not in the building. Take care to avoid overfilling dumpsters and trash cans, which allows debris to spill out onto the ground. Use trash can liners and wash dumpsters and trash cans frequently.
- Insects and rodents are opportunistic invaders. Inspect each delivery to your restaurant, including food and supplies, for signs of pest infestation.
- Pest populations multiply rapidly. If you find signs of an infestation, enlist the services of a New Jersey exterminator for safe and thorough removal.
Got Pests? Call Allison Pest Control
Since 1917, Allison Pest Control has been providing first-rate exterminator services to New Jersey homes and businesses. Don’t take on a pest battle alone. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection.