Tips to Avoid Unknowingly Inviting Ants into Your Home this Summer
Tips to Keep Ants Out of Your Home
• Ants are always on the lookout for food. Once you’re done cooking, clean up immediately. Wipe down the counter thoroughly to remove any crumbs or food scraps.
• Rinse dishes and load them in the dishwasher right after eating. Package and store all leftovers in tightly sealed containers.
• Sugar is a strong attractant for ants. Make sure sugar containers are closed up and kept in cabinets. Store honey, sugar and other sweet liquids in the refrigerator.
• Put dog or cat food out only when it’s time for your pet to eat. Afterwards, clear their dishes of any remaining food.
• Sweep floors regularly to keep crumbs and food debris from building up.
• No matter how careful you are, stealthy ants can still make their way in. Repellant sprays are less effective than bait loaded with a liquid pesticide. Ants will carry remnants of the pesticide back to the nest, where it will eliminate the colony.
• Unfortunately, when you see a few ants, you can be sure there are a lot more when they came from. An experienced Colts Neck NJ exterminator will treat the unseen colonies as well.
Got Ants? Call Allison Pest Control